ConveyanceLink Progress allows you to keep track of the progress of your transaction anytime day or night 24/7.

Track Case >>

Saints Solicitors welcomes you to our Office in Birmingham. Click the link below to view photos of our Office.

View Gallery >>

Visit our Links page. If you would like exchange links with our website then email us on [email protected] for information.

View Links >>

45 Villa Road, Birmingham, B19 1BH
0121 523 7865
0121 523 7856

Family Law - Domestic Violence

A member of our domestic violence team will be available, at short notice, to discuss your difficulties and, if necessary, assist you to apply to the Court for an Order for your protection.

If you are subject to violence from your partner or spouse then we advise you to do the following;

1. Contact the Police immediately for assistance. The Police may intervene and arrest your spouse or partner if a criminal offence has been committed e.g assault.

2. You must contact a Family Solicitor preferably a member of the Solicitors Family Law Association. The Solicitor will advise you in connection with your rights.

Non-molestation and occupation orders

Matrimonial home rights

Associated persons

The Law relating to personal protection and occupation of the family home is governed by Part IV of the Family Law Act 1996.

If you are married or if you live together you can apply to Court for an Injunction.

a. To stop your partner harassing or assaulting you (Non-Molestation Order).

b. To make your partner or your spouse leave the house (Occupation Order).

c. To keep your partner or spouse out of the house (Occupation Order).

We will advise you on which application you should be making. These Orders are available with a Power of Arrest which will enable a Police Officer attending an incident where there has been domestic violence to arrest your spouse or the partner committing the offence.

If you are unable to tolerate the continuous violence and aggression inflicted upon you by your spouse or your partner you may wish to move out from the family home. The Police Officer who attends the scene of the incident may recommend and refer you to a refuge for temporary accommodation if they feel that you will be subject to further incidents of violence. We will also advise you on this aspect.

Anyone wishing to apply for a Non-Molestation Order or an Occupation Order will need to come under two definitions specified under the 1996 Act. These are Matrimonial Home Rights or Associated Persons

Family Law  
For more informaton please contact us on 0121 523 7865 or email us at [email protected] or fill in our Contact Form.

Family Law

Wills and Probate
Civil Litigation


Commercial and Residential Conveyancing
Immigration Law
This firm is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
Designed by EXPERT-I
+44 (0) 871 425 0013
© Saints Solicitors 2005